Friday 1 February 2013

Caledonia Dreaming

My school asked me to write a poem about Scotland for Burns Night (25th January) and here it is:-




Caledonia Dreaming

What is Scotland? Tourist say
Saltire, tartan and Hogmanay.

But what does Scotland mean to me?
Mountains, handsome cities and roaring sea.

Without Scots inventors where would we be?
No telephones, no penicillin and no T.V.

Our footballers may not bring much joy,
But my sporting heroes are Murray & Chris Hoy.

Edinburgh's Book Festival is my favourite place to go,
I love meeting great authors, Duffy and Morpurgo.

I love my friends at Forthview school,
Making me laugh, acting the fool.

But best is mum and dad, my cousins too, and
Charlie Dog sniffing out at bone to chew.

Scotland is not a country of fried Mars Bars.
It is a great nation, full of shining stars!

(c) Adam Bojelian 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment